Cape Cod Indoor Air Quality Services
It’s not too much to say that nothing is more vital to our physical health than ensuring that we breathe good, healthy air. Poor air quality can lead to negative health effects, both in the short and long term. Our Cape Cod indoor air quality services can assist homeowners and business owners in taking the necessary measures to protect themselves and those who live and work on their property.
Cape Cod Heat Pumps opened its doors in 2016 and offers customers decades of HVAC experience. Get reliable, transparent, and friendly service by calling our office at (833) 685-5058 or just reach out here online to set up a free estimate.
Indoor Air Quality Benefits
From physical health to mental health, good air is good for us. Specific benefits include:
- Maintaining good indoor air quality protects people from airborne irritants and diseases. Large concentrations of bacteria, mold, viruses, and other contaminants can cause severe illnesses.
- For those who suffer from allergies or respiratory problems, creating a healthy environment with good indoor air quality is particularly important.
- Improved mental concentration is another advantage of good indoor air quality. When a room is filled with pollutants and toxins, the lack of fresh oxygen impairs cognitive abilities.
- Good indoor air quality leads to better sleep patterns, allowing people to wake up feeling refreshed.
Jared was knowledgeable, friendly, professional, had more than one option to present, and was more than happy to address all of our silly questions.- Vanessa D.
The crew was extremely polite, worked very well together, and left each day with everything cleaned up.- Jeffrey F.
I would highly recommend Cape Cod Heat Pumps to anyone looking to convert to an energy-efficient Heating and Cooling system.- Don C.
Outstanding easy to work with company with great pricing.- Keith S.
My husband and I did a lot of research and comparison shopping and found Cape Cod Heat Pumps to be the best quality and value for the money.- Mary M.
The crew at Cape Cod Heat Pumps did an excellent job with the installation of our new AC/heat pump system.- Hugo B.
From the planning stage to finalizing the installation, and help with paperwork, Cape Cod Heat Pumps was hands down one of the most professional, courteous, and communicative, companies I have had the pleasure to work with.- Maxi M.
They were on time every day, worked hard (I hardly saw them take a break), very professional, courteous and friendly.- Monica F.
How To Improve Indoor Air Quality
There are some DIY steps that property owners can take to improve air quality. Steps like these:
- Use humidifiers and dehumidifiers. A humidifier adds moisture to the air, which can relieve dry skin, allergies, and respiratory problems. On the other hand, a dehumidifier removes excess moisture from the air and helps to prevent mold growth, allergies, and musty odors. Both of these, used at seasonally appropriate times, help balance the humidity levels in a home or office, creating a healthy and comfortable environment.
- Keep dust and dirt from accumulating. Dust and dirt can act as a breeding ground for mold and bacteria, which can then become airborne particles that are harmful to one’s health. Ensure that floors are regularly mopped and swept and that carpets are kept free from dirt.
- Install an air purifier. Air purifiers can help reduce the amount of airborne particles in the home by using fans to draw the air through filters, which trap contaminants before they spread around the room. Make sure to regularly change the filter to ensure effective results.
- Let the fresh air in. Opening windows lets stale air out. This can be especially helpful in our ocean environment when the crisp cool air coming in from the Atlantic is not only healthy but comfortable in the warm-weather months.
- Be careful with chemicals. Many common household cleaning products contain toxic compounds, which can be inhaled and lead to irritation of the respiratory system. Choose natural alternatives wherever possible. It’s good for your health and better for the environment.
- Fix leaks. Moisture is a major cause of mold growth, so it’s important to take action if there are any signs of water damage or leakage indoors. Property owners should promptly dry out wet areas with dehumidifiers and ensure that all leaks have been fixed correctly.
Take Advantage of Professional Help
Although these, and other proactive DIY steps can improve indoor air quality, professional assistance can have great value for a property owner.
Our services start with having an experienced Cape Cod indoor air quality service tech perform a comprehensive inspection of the premises, including the entire HVAC system, to identify potential sources of contamination.
We can design systems that filter contaminated air while increasing fresh air circulation. Combining both extensive knowledge and the advanced equipment of our trade, Cape Cod Heat Pumps can efficiently address any indoor air quality issues.
Experienced Help You Can Count On
After you’ve spent over two decades helping people improve their air quality, there is very little we haven’t seen. Regardless of the size of your property or the nature of your challenge, the deep and talented team at Cape Cod Heat Pumps is prepared to handle it.